After watching the eclipse this morning I am gearing up for my last “long run” before tapering for some upcoming races. I will cut my weekly mileage by about 40% each week in preparation for the Cheyenne Mountain 50k on April 25th with the Collegiate Peaks 50 mile in Buena Vista the following weekend. I believe tapering the last two or three weeks before a race is good practice. This can take sincere commitment and discipline due to the fact your body wants to keep training. I have found this taper help me stay injury free and show up fresh at the start line.
QUOTES:“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” -Winston Churchhill
“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” -Og Mandino
“If you keep at it, one day something which at first appeared impossible will become merely something very difficult indeed.” -Danny Paradise
- Keto Diet Update
- My List Of Keto Diet Must Haves
- No Time For Exercise?
- Great Workout With Core De Force
- Upcoming Mad Moose Running Events 2017
- A Day In My Keto Diet
- My Keto Journey
- Muscle Builder Workout
- 5x5x5 Workout
- Trying To Lose Weight? You Must Eat Right First!
- A Workout in Honor of Our Military Men and Women
- Barbell Complex Workout
- Getting Rid of Dreaded Belly Fat!
- Challenges Of Long Distance Runs
- Breakfast Is Important for Fat Burning
- Intervals to Burn Fat and Increase Your Metabolism
- How To Acheive Those Strong Sexy Triceps
- What Is The Perfect Running Shoe?
- Preparing For My Upcoming 50K
- Tips On How To Stay Motivated
What Are You Looking For??